BUDOCK PARISH COUNCIL
Section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972 - Grants Policy
Budock Parish Council will consider applications for grants from voluntary groups or charitable organisations. To qualify for an award, the applicant must be able to demonstrate that any funding from Budock Parish Council will benefit the parish, or residents of the parish.
Grant applications will be dealt with by the full council. In determining the validity of an application, the council will refer to the following conditions:
- Any charity, voluntary group or community organisation; and
- Agencies that operate within Budock Parish and are of benefit to the local community, with the following provisos:
- Budock Parish Council will not fund activities that it considers to be the responsibility of a Statutory Authority;
- Applications from schools for an activity that takes place within the school day will not be considered;
- Budock Parish Council will not fund activities outside its powers and functions.
Applications will be considered for the following purposes: -
- For the purchase of equipment, either in part or in full;
- For the funding of transport that will enable group members to participate in a group trip or outing regardless of their incomes;
- For training activities, or to purchase the expertise of an outside trainer/ instructor/ facilitator;
- For activities that raise the profile of the area;
- For running costs of a viable group that is experiencing a period of hardship;
- For hosting one off unique events or celebrations;
- For the provision of recreational facilities
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals.
- Additional applications within a 12-month period from any organisation will not normally be considered.
- The award must be used for the purposes for which the application was made and not used to bolster funds.
- If the group is unable to use the award for the stated purposes, all monies must be returned to Budock Parish Council.
- All awards must be properly accounted for and evidence of expenditure should be supplied to Budock Parish Council within one month of the project or expenditure. If Budock Parish Council is not satisfied with the arrangements, they reserve the right to require a refund of any monies awarded.
- Budock Parish Council reserves the right to withhold any agreed grant until such time as satisfactory financial accounts, project expenditure and income streams including quotes or other evidence of the project have been presented to the council.
- Donations to Registered Charities in response to a general fundraising appeal will be restricted to an upper limit of £100 within any 12 months.
- Groups operating outside the parish boundary will normally be restricted to an upper limit of £100.
- Requests from organisations operating within the parish boundary or events within the parish boundary will normally be restricted to an upper limit of £100 in any given 12 months.
- Any grant awarded by Budock Parish Council may be subject to additional conditions as determined by the council from time to time.
Adopted: 27th February 2023 Minute Ref: 22-216
Signed ………Chairman Cllr Hart…………